Today is Tuesday, February 9
|Mon-Fri||8am - 8pm|
|Saturday||10am - 6pm|
|Sunday||6pm - Midnight|
Developed with input from the industry's top audio engineers, Sound Devices 442 encompasses the audio performance, feature set, and mechanical construction demanded by those who rely on audio gear for their livelihood. The 442 contains four microphone preamplifiers that re-define portable audio performance. With its comprehensive inputs and extensive outputs, including direct outputs per channel, the 442 is at home in small run-and-gun applications as well as large, multiple-input productions.
NOTE: The Sound Devices 442 mixer is recommended for very experienced sound technicians. The Shure FP33 (which is only three channels) is much easier to use.
The 442 incorporates a complete feature-set into a compact, functional design. All controls are accessible on its three main surfaces; no hidden controls. The high-efficiency power circuitry runs the mixer from either four internal AA batteries or external 518 VDC.
The 442 and 442N, like all Sound Devices professional audio products, are designed to withstand the physical and environmental extremes of field production. Its compact mechanic construction strikes the perfect balance between access to all functions, uncluttered design, and durability.
* Lundahl transformer-balanced mic or line-level inputs on XLR connectors
* Transformer-balanced line/tape/mic level output on XLR connectors
* Continuously adjustable input trim
* Variable high-pass filter
* Continuously variable pan control
* Phantom (48-volt or 15-volt) or "T" microphone powering selected per channel
* Solo (PFL) channel monitoring in headphones
* Peak limiters per channel
* Direct outputs on TA3 locking connectors
* Transformer-balanced line/tape/mic level output on Hirose connector
* Balanced line or tape level output on TA3 locking connectors
* Un-balanced TRS-stereo tape level output on 1/8-inch connector
* Un-balanced TS-mono mic level output on 1/8-inch connector
* Sunlight-viewable LED meters with proprietary software-selected ballistics
* On-board MS stereo matrix, channels 1 and 2
* Two independent monitor return inputs for monitoring two-camera productions
* Push pots for setup features keep front panel clutter-free
* Compact 6061 aluminum chassis
* Powered by four AA batteries or external 5 - 18 VDC
or have it shipped worldwide for $ 69.00/day