IFB or Interrupted Feedback systems are used in filmmaking and video production for television crew communication, audio monitoring and cueing. The IFB is a special intercom circuit that consists of a program feed sent to an earpiece worn by talent via a wire, or radio receiver (audio that is being "fed back" to talent) that can be interrupted and replaced by a television producer's or director's intercom microphone. On a television news program for example, a producer can talk to the news anchors, to tell them when they are live on the air and when to begin reading off the script on the teleprompter or cue cards.
You can rent multiple IFB receivers if more than one person wants to "listen in" to the live audio of a production.
Lectrosonics IFB-R1a UHF Belt-Pack Receiver
Includes In-The-Ear System
The Lectrosonics IFB-R1a is a frequency-agile UHF wireless IFB beltpack monitoring receiver, housed in a durable slim-profile case, and capable of accessing 256 frequencies available from a selection of factory-programmed frequency blocks.
The IFB-R1a is equipped with an internal microprocessor, allowing for very reliable reception and a set of 5 programmable setup memories, a multi-function control button, and a tricolor LED indicator.
The IFB-R1a is designed for professional use in broadcast, motion picture, theater, and stage applications where extended operating range and audio clarity are essential.
- Frequency-agile UHF wireless beltpack receiver with 5-frequency programmable memory and dual high and low level frequency scan.
- Frequency coverage in the 537.6 to 793.5MHz range (608 - 614MHz not included)
- Dual high and low level frequency scan with inverse low and high sensitivity search, prevents intermodulation and distortion.
- 9 factory-available frequency blocks with 256 selectable frequencies per block and 0.1MHz channel spacing.
- Crystal-controlled phase locked loop frequency control for reliable reception.
- Microprocessor-controlled design of frequency selection, programming and audio level via multi-function control knob.
- Tricolor LED indicator with power on, channel number, scan and low battery indication.
- Two easy-access rotary hex switches for manual operating frequency setting.
- Auto-sensing and control of mono headphone plug, accepts multiple headphone impedances.
- Durable all-metal housing.
Lectrosonics IFB Kit (4 Receivers)
(1) Lectrosonics SMQV IFB Transmitter
(4) Lectrosonics IFB-R1a UHF Belt-Pack Receivers
(4) lightweight headsets
Comtek M-216 Wireless Microphone Transmitter
The M-216 wireless microphone transmitter offers the ultimate performance and versatility for assistive listening, language interpretation, tour guide presentations, personal cueing, and for other personal remote transmission situations. For use with the PR-216 and PR-216 Option 7 synthesized receivers.
The M-216 incorporates the latest digital and analog technologies to produce low residual noise, wide dynamic range, and extended frequency response rendering the most natural sound possible from a wireless microphone.
- High Fidelity Performance
- Adaptive Channel Selection
- Low Power Consumption
- Dual Function Versatility
- New Rugged Case
Comtek PR-216 TV 5/6 Personal Receiver
The PR-216/TV 5-6 is a professional quality, personal monitor receiver designed to meet the high demands of the TV, motion picture production, and entertainment industries.
This receiver is used by directors and dignitaries for remote program monitoring, as well as for talent cueing and monitoring for boom-operators and crew members. It is used in TV production studios and ENG trucks for director IFB, talent cueing and camera crews.
- 119 Preset Channels Between 76.200 MHz and 87.8 MHz.
- Antenna integral with output cable.
- Uses a 9 volt alkaline battery, Eveready 522 or equivalent or Ni-MH rechargeable.
Budget Video Rentals is an authorized Comtek dealer.
Comtek RC-216 Receive-A-Cue in-the-ear System
The RC-216 Receive-A-Cue system is a professional quality, digitally synthesized wireless cueing system operating in the interference-free 216-217 MHz band. The IR-230D induction receiver and NTC-102 neckloop eliminate the need for visible wires going directly to the ear. With the adjustable volume control and low residual noise, this discrete earpiece is loud enough for even the most demanding environments. The dual function M-216 transmitter can be used with a lapel microphone for live cueing, or the AUX input and whip antenna can be used to send cues from a line level audio input source. Also, the AUX input on the transmitter allows for prerecorded material to be played back from another sound source such as an MP-3 player, dat recorder, or even a feed from a mixing board.
The complete RC-216 system includes:
- M-216 wireless microphone transmitter
- CM-183 omnidirectional lapel microphone
- PR-216 personal receiver
- NTC-102 neckloop transductor
- SM-N earphone assembly
- IR-230D inductor receiver
- Auxiliary audio input cable
- C-216 carrying case
Comtek M-72 Wireless IFB transmitter
Budget Video Rentals is an authorized Comtek dealer
Comtek PPR-72 Wireless receiver
Budget Video Rentals is an authorized Comtek dealer
Lectrosonics SMQV Super Miniature Wireless Transmitter
The Lectrosonics SMQV Super Miniature Wireless Microphone Transmitter incorporates Lectrosonics patented Digital Hybrid Wireless technology, in a package no bigger than a pager. The SMQV transmitter is miniature in size yet rugged enough to withstand rigorous daily use in the field or in studios.
To meet the demand for both extended operating range and extended battery life, the SMQV transmitters offer selectable output power of 100 or 250 mW. A third selection at 50 mW is provided for some theatrical applications, where the system design specifies lower transmitter power. The SMQV transmitter offers 256 user-selectable UHF frequencies. The Switchcraft TA5M audio input has user-calibrated 44 dB gain range, and accepts electret lavaliere mics, dynamic mics, or line level signals. A DSP-controlled analog audio limiter is employed before the A-D converter. The limiter has a range of more than 30 dB and a dual-release envelope, making the limiter transparent while maintaining low distortion.